In May 2020, RGC initiated the first of three waves of a longitudinal study to understand the impacts of COVID-19 on gambling behaviours and attitudes. Please join Dr. Alex Price and Dr. Sasha Stark, Senior Researchers with RGC’s Centre for the Advancement of Best Practices, as they share insights from this study and what the implications are for communities and the industry as we move forward.
The evidence presented in this research spans from April 2020 to December 2020, during emergency COVID-19 measures instituted in Ontario and reveals insights in areas such as:
- Increased online gambling and risky behaviours
- Gambling while intoxicated
- Gambling and mental health (such as depression and anxiety)
- Gender, age and ethnocultural segmentation
The results from this study support the need for a more collective public health approach to address post-COVID gambling behaviours and the realities of increased product offerings.
Date: Monday, June 28th, 2021, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm est
- Sasha Stark, Ph.D., Senior Researcher, RGC
- Alex Price, Ph.D., Senior Researcher, RGC
- Moderated by: Janine Robinson, M.Ed., Director of CABP, RGC